Search This Blog

Sunday, April 25, 2021

The Cocoon and the Butterfly


There are times, motherhood can be tough. Countless of sleepless nights, tantrums we need to deal with, separation anxiety of kids, health concerns, and loads of chores. We love our kids so dearly, but there are times, we feel all wrapped up in a cocoon. And we feel exhausted, unappreciated, stressed, anxious, helpless and fearful for so many things.

I remember when my second son, who was only 3 months old then, had a seizure and he was confined for 10 days. He underwent some lab tests, cranial ultrasound and also lumbar puncture. Seeing his frail body and hearing his cries left me so helpless. It was one of the darkest times I had as a mother. It was my cocoon.

The results came out and thankfully, he was negative for infection. We were sent home and  I remembered that for weeks, I would wake up at night or early morning and just stare at him for hours and put my hand on his chest just to make sure he was breathing. 
 
With the support of my family and close friends, I managed to make it through. With prayers, my fear and anxiety gradually decreased. Now he is eight years old, quite healthy, energetic and naughty at times. He never had a seizure again. Although we still made some trips to the hospital, I was not that anxious or scared anymore. 
 
Remember, being in a cocoon is not forever. It is just a phase. Do not ever lose hope and faith. One day, the Master will take you out from that cocoon and you will emerge as a more beautiful and stronger butterfly.


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment